Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yo Ho, Pirate Cake for me!



Hi guys, I thought I would post my latest cake creation. I just finished a really fun cake for some close friends of ours. Their little boy Mason turns 1 this Saturday and Rory and I will be out of town and miss the party. But I wanted to contribute, and when Sandee (his mom) mentioned she had little skills with cake decorating, I offered to "help out" with the cake.
Well I kind of took over, and she was glad to pass the responsibility to me. Sandee is totally obsessed with Pirates and why not, Pirates are cool! She is doing a pirate themed party and this cake should go over well. Note the little fondant anchor in the water, and the shark fins under the plank! The only non edible parts are the sails and flag, I made them out of paper.
I can't wait to drop it off tomorrow and see her face.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails