Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh happy day!

I can finally take a decent indoor photo thanks to my new camera!!! (and tripod) I got a Nikon Coolpix P7000.
I picked up a much needed new digital camera yesterday. After using the same Canon Elph for over 8 years it was time for an upgrade.
Here she is! I am just beginning to learn all that it will do, so keep in mind while straying from auto on this baby I may produce some weird shots.


So I would like to share with you our new fireplace all decorated and our new window treatments! I posted the drapes last week after I thought we were finished, but I ended up ordering more fabric and doubling the panels of linen and getting a new drapery rod. So here they are, fuller and the trim has been painted around the window from where we ripped off the shutters.
You can see the accessories I have added to the mantel, a trio of pillar candles a beautiful iron cross which we received 3 unique ones for Christmas gifts this year form Rory's Aunt. I hung the other two on an opposing wall to tie them in together. Oh also a plant on the mantel in a cobalt blue pot.


Before of our fireplace & shutters


Here is a new addition to our home a Zee zee plant, I hope I can take care of it well. You can also see my new tripod sitting on top of our trunk.

2 comments:

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Love the decor! Your mantle looks great. Baxter is so cute. We have a Wheaten Terrier, Dublin. Dublin and Batxer look a lot alike!

marygrace said...

The fireplace looks fantastic! You guys did such a great job ... I'm impressed with your mad home-improvement skills!


PS Totally jealous of that camera.

Related Posts with Thumbnails