Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Laundry quandary

Ah the great debate begins. With the options available these days for full size washer and dryers that can be stacked or built under a counter, I am finding it hard to commit to a plan.

I am seriously considering demoing our current laundry hall and building a new one from scratch. Here is our current laundry room. It has large upper cabinets, my side by side top-loader washer and dryer, & a large broom closet that we use but it's way too big.



The trouble is I don't know what I want, or what I will love more... I never have this problem, so maybe you can help?!

Here was my plan back in 2010, it's morphed a bit but pretty close to the dream I had of built in hampers and some counter space.

These are the 2 choices I am considering today. Keep in mind, I am not sold on the model or color of the washer and dryer I put in my plans, nor the tile choice for the backsplash. I have just figured that I can only do the remodel if we choose to buy front loaders.
I am wavering on that as it is...is a front loader washing machine really going to be as great as my top loader? Please share your experience!


Option #1
Side by side front loaders with solid counter top above.
Counter space for laundry baskets, folding and what not.
Hanging area to dry delicate clothing.
Plenty of upper cabinet space for storage, a narrow broom closet, and pull out shoe drawer or Baxter food drawer, and one hinging hamper built in to the lower cabinet.



Option #2
Stacked front loaders with small cabinet above, that I won't really use daily it's too high.
Small counter space for laundry baskets, folding and what not.
Hanging area to dry delicate clothing.
A laundry sink, for soaking and hand washing.
One large upper cabinet space for storage, and one below sink, a narrow broom closet, and pull out shoe drawer or Baxter food drawer, and one hinging hamper built in to the lower cabinet.




On one hand I get a lot of counter space, and on the other hand I get a sink. Either way I would need front loaders, not sold on those yet. Either way I think I will prefer it to what we currently have.

Please vote below on the one you think will be the most practical and enjoyable!

Which Laundry room do you prefer?

  • Option #1 Side by side
  • Option # 2 Stacked w/sink

Acepolls

More polls: Hotel polls Dating polls universalladdare.com



If you have any other helpful advice or experience please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails